For more than 60 years, the success of our beloved Sleepy Hollow Preschool has depended upon the generosity of people and businesses like you. We are always seeking charitable donations in support of our school.
Sleepy Hollow is a non-profit, non-sectarian, cooperative preschool for children ages 2-5, which is run entirely by parents and a dedicated staff of teachers. We strive to create a positive and nurturing environment that promotes curiosity, creativity, and a caring spirit among our young, diverse student body. Fundraising dollars are carefully tracked so that 100% is used to help fund things like teacher training, field trips, need-based student scholarships, and supplemental curriculum materials not covered by tuition alone.
Our school is located in Annandale, Virginia, but due to the wonderful educational opportunities, families come from all over Fairfax County, Falls Church, Alexandria, and Arlington. By making a donation, your business is afforded a wonderful advertising opportunity in new patronage from our school community. In years past, business owners have received many new customers from the advertising and word of mouth generated by our school.
After being a part of the community for 6 decades, SHPS has a large and devoted community of supporters. Our current membership and alumni families are local and very loyal to organizations that support our school. Your name and gift will be prominently featured in our auction catalog (if applicable) and on our website. If online, we will also be able to link directly to your corporate website, a new feature to the school which allows our Alumni to access your business.
Sleepy Hollow Preschool is classified by the IRS as a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, and all donations are tax deductible. Our tax identification number is 540-61-2460.
We would appreciate the donation of any item that you feel is appropriate. For any non-monetary donations, please see our Annual Auction site for a donation form – we will happily pick up any items you are able to donate.
If you would like to help support Sleepy Hollow Preschool, we encourage you to take part in our fundraising efforts:
- Annual Auction – A wonderful opportunity for a night out, the SHPS annual auction is a chance to socialize with friends over dinner and drinks, and bid on quality goods and services donated by our members, as well as local and national merchants.
- Family Restaurant Nights – Enjoy a meal at designated restaurants on Family Restaurant Nights and a portion of your bill will go to SHPS.
- Barnes & Noble Bookfairs – Held every fall and/or spring, you can attend the in-store event or shop online to benefit SHPS.
- Bowling Event & 50/50 Raffle – Gather with SHPS families and friends for an afternoon of bowling, followed by the drawing for our annual 50/50 raffle.
- Shopping for SHPS – SHPS participates in several fundraising programs that allow you to shop for the things you need, all while benefiting the school.
- Tee Shirts and Tote Bags – Purchase SHPS branded items to benefit the school.
Please feel free to email email@example.com with any questions you may have about our fundraising activities.